|Senior Enterprise Systems Management (ESM) Administrator|
Role: FTE - Please note that this is a Full-time Salaried position located in Peoria, IL (must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship)
The Senior Enterprise Systems Management (ESM) Administrator is responsible for implementing, troubleshooting, developing, and configuring internal ESM support systems. These systems are used extensively to monitor, test, validate, and maintain all infrastructure, internally developed applications, and third-party applications. This individual participates in technical research to enable innovation with the infrastructure. The Senior ESM Administrator is the primary driver for achieving level three and four ITIL service level maturity across all company systems.
Currently seeking a Senior Systems Admin for an opportunity in Peoria, IL. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology with 5-8 years of practical experience and ITIL Practitioner Certification.
Responsibilities of the Senior Enterprise Systems Management (ESM) Administrator
- Automate ESM systems, critical business systems, by applying knowledge and setting-up processes that reduce risk, improve operational efficiencies, and quantify results to enable and emphasize proactive administration to avoid unplanned downtime and performance issues.
- Assist users and other administrators in root cause analysis (troubleshoot, diagnosis problem, collection of information, and recommendation).
- Apply critical updates, adjust configuration changes, and apply scripting for the Enterprise Systems (ES).
- Integrate activities across multiple business systems.
- Advise Application Development Team on customized application code.
- Perform benchmark measurements, and maintain alignment with IT architecture.
- Define, design, tune, and troubleshoot Enterprise Systems (ES) issues reported from the Systems Network Operations Center.
- Automate discovery, configuration, and monitoring for the Enterprise Systems (ES).
- Coordinate with Application Development Team on instrumentation of application administration;
- Assess, advise, and implement the current state of system applications related to the Enterprise Systems (ES).
- Analyze, benchmark, and create metrics for business application and supporting infrastructure.
- Improve alignment issues, resolve failures, and coordinate business process improvements.
- Expand production system availability for both internal and external users.
- Predict and improve efficiencies and effectiveness of existing business applications.
- Develop and provide documentation in a clear, concise manner, adhering to standards.
- Share and expand necessary IT or business-related knowledge effectively within the work team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Senior Enterprise Systems Management (ESM) Administrator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, OR Associate Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology with equivalent of 5-6 years of practical experience
- ITIL Practitioner Certification preferred
- Advanced technical knowledge of Active Directory; Microsoft System Center Suite; and Microsoft / VMWare Virtualization
- Advanced knowledge of various operating systems such as Microsoft, Linux, and Mac OS
- Advanced technical knowledge of current network principles, protocols, and standards
- Advanced knowledge of native management protocols: SNMP, WMI, CIM, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of information security concepts in a networked environment
- Experience in automation and scripting of at least one of the following languages: Perl, Python, PowerShell, VbScript
- Experience in IT systems planning, performance monitoring, and development
- Strong understanding of project management principles
- Familiar with applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, directed with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must be available, if required, on a 24-hour on-call basis
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship