Systems Engineer (DevOps with AWS)
*W-2 ONLY - must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Location: Mountain View, CA (must be able to work on-site in Mountain View)
Type of role: Contract
Duration: 12+ months
The Systems Engineer (DevOps)
position will be responsible for developing, configuring, installing, and maintaining technology in a mission critical environment. This person must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment where projects may take as little as a few days from conception to deployment.
Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in area of specialty, and 5+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.The Day to Day:
Are You a Match:
- Practices ‘infrastructure as code’ management of systems lifecycle.
- Performs systems integration of various IT tools.
- Creates automation jobs and tools to enable the technology operations group.
- Works with the internal cloud, public cloud, and public cloud services.
- Installs new server and network systems and prepares their initial documentation
- Provides support for various applications and Application Servers
- Monitors and administers Linux/Windows servers and network systems, keeping system information up-to-date
- Assists manager in the planning and design of the company's server and network systems
- Establishes and maintains network users, user environment, directories, and security
- Responds to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs
- Remains abreast of changes in user and system software and hardware requirements
- Keeps operating systems and software packages up to date with all necessary patches
- Maintains backups of all necessary files
- Troubleshoots and repairs system and network issues
- Maintains documentation of network and systems
- Documents procedures and prepares various reports
- Works with cross-functional teams on various projects
- Maintain ISO/PCI Security Compliance Requirements
- 5+ years’ experience with maintaining operating systems (Linux) in an Internet services environment.
- 1+ years’ experience with Amazon Web Services or applicable hosted cloud provider.
- Experience with the following tools is preferred: Chef, Jenkins, Teraform, CloudFormation.
- 4+ years’ experience with the configuration and maintenance of LDAP in a multi-site environment.
- 4+ years’ experience with SAN storage, and blade server technology is preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience with virtual hypervisors such as ESXi is preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience with configuration and maintenance of common web based application servers such as apache and tomcat is preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience with NTP, SSH, DNS, and SNMP preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience with database systems (MySQL and/or SQL Server) preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience with shell scripting, and scripting with interpreted languages such at python, ruby, and perl.
- 1+ years’ experience with configuration management or automation.
- Proven ability to automate common administration tasks and integrate systems.
- Experience working with load balancing technologies and web server farms.
- Must possess a strong ability to document standards, methods and produce drawings of environments.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with attention to detail.
- Team oriented performer, focused on the tasks and goals of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent grammar and composition skills.