Systems Engineer (DevOps with AWS)
*W-2 ONLY - must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Location: Mountain View, CA (must be able to work on-site in Mountain View)
Type of role: Contract
Duration: 12+ months
The Systems Engineer (DevOps)
position will be responsible for developing, configuring, installing, and maintaining technology in a mission critical environment. This person must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment where projects may take as little as a few days from conception to deployment.
Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in area of specialty, and 5+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.The Day to Day:
Are You a Match:
- Provide day-to-day technical leadership and task coordination and task execution as a member of the Service Delivery team Part of a team responsible for administration of Linux servers.
- Includes: installation, patch management, performance tuning, scripting/automation of recurring tasks, day-to-day system resource management and monitoring
- Design infrastructure solutions that meet the customers' business needs
- Automate our hardware build process for continuous deployments
- Implement and manage continuous integration and deployment systems and methodologies on AWS
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes
- Work closely with our Engineering/Product teams to unify operational efforts and to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability are configured and deployed at AWS
- Maintains strong communication channels between operations and development (DevOps) to ensure cooperation between teams.
- Ensures high availability, security, and performance of production and development environments for our customer facing applications.
- Design and implement the standards and automation that define our enterprise Linux Systems Infrastructure.
- Maintain ISO/PCI Security Compliance Requirements Periodic after hours (on-call rotation & scheduled) software maintenance of servers
- Engage in the planning, design, development, and improvement of processes
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 12 years’ experience in IT or related field
- 7 years' experience with Linux installation and patch administration.
- 5+ years' experience with configuration and maintenance of common web based applications such as Apache (1.x/2.x), Java based application Server architectures (Tomcat/Weblogic), IIS
- 5+years scripting experience with Python, Ruby, Perl or Bash
- 4+ years' experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (Mongo, Dynamo and/or Oracle)
- 2+ years of experience with Configuration Management software and techniques such as Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, CloudFormation
- Direct hands-on experience with AWS services such as: EC2, Route53, RDS, ElasticCache, ElasticSearch Service, IAM, S3, CloudFront preferred
- Experience with Application Performance Management tools (Dynatrace, AWS CloudWatch, Nagios, etc.) preferred.
- Experience working in high availability environments and highly scalable sites/applications
- Proven ability to automate common administration tasks.