BIOVIA ELN Developer - REMOTE
Location: 100% Remote
Duration: 12-24+ Months
- Work with multiple laboratory business groups to understand business processes and gather requirements.
- Design, develop, and maintain templates, workflows, and reports to implement business processes in BIOVIA ELN
- Design, develop, and maintain solutions to integrate BIOVIA ELN with other laboratory and Enterprise systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve the bugs identified in the ELN product and customizations
- Maintain detailed documentation on ELN customizations and enhancements.
- Co-ordinate with vendor to report and resolve product bugs and enhancements
- Demonstrate new features and customizations to laboratory business groups
- Assist system administration team in installation, configuration, and deployment of custom solutions.
- Must have experience in development using VB.net, C#, Python on BIOVIA Workbook (formally known as Accelrys/Symyx Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN)
- Must have experience in design and development of templates and workflows based on user requirements
- Experience building Pipeline Pilot reports, BIOVIA Workbook SDK (Software Development Kit) to configure and customize ELN out of box features
- Oracle Database DDL and DML experience, experience working with ELN database schemas and data structures
- Good understanding of OOPS concept, familiarity with the .NET framework, design/architectural patterns, Conventional Web Services and REST APIs
- Understanding of .NET based Windows service development, configuration and deployment
- Knowledge of Message Queuing (MSMQ), Windows Workflow Foundation, Web Services (WCF/ Web API) is a plus.
- Knowledge of architecture for the laboratory systems including ELN, LES, LIMS, and Empower CDS is a plus.
- Experience in developing custom solutions and integrations on ELN is a plus.
- Fair knowledge of Windows, Active Directory, and network administration is a plus
- Experience in integrating ELN with other laboratory systems is a plus
- Experience in laboratories as a chemist/analyst is a plus
- Strong communication, presentation, and business analysis skills required