Type of role: Contract - Remote / on-site twice a week
Length: 6++ months
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Our direct client is looking for an experienced individual for the position of HR Generalist.
Reporting to the Executive Director HR, this person will be the first point of contact for employees while providing general HR support for our team members across HR, talent acquisition, benefits and HR data management. Essentially be the "go-to" person for onboarding. You will have the opportunity to help to identify, create and implement process and systems improvements across HR, while being a key cross functional partner.
- Partner with HR & Operations team to carry out corporate HR initiatives; assisting management to proactively support initiatives and programs to meet strategic goals.
- Assist with recruiting processes including drafting/reviewing job descriptions, scheduling interviews, tracking CDA’s and other administrative processes.
- Partner with Accounting for semi-monthly payroll and benefit invoicing.
- Handle confidential information and communications tactfully, attentive to details, and ask already well-informed clarifying questions if needed
- Manage benefit programs and respond to enquiries from employees.
- Ensure all benefit billing is managed and paid on a timely basis
- Coordinate with our external providers in matters relating to employment law, visas and immigration, and relocation.
- Conduct new hire orientations and work cross-functionally to coordinate the entire new hire on-boarding and off-boarding process and perform administrative process aligned with these tasks
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintain accurate employee data in HR systems including but not limited to all new hire information, termination of employees, updating organizational structure changes, job titles, salary increases and other personnel related data. Compile reports from the database as requested.
- Ensure all actions comply with local, state and federal regulations and maintain necessary documentation for compliance purposes concerning employment.
- Work cross functionally within and recommends employee practices for maintaining a positive culture and promoting a high level of morale and motivation.
- Assist in organizing and staffing events, such as company and community-related functions, All-Hands meetings, and other events as needed.
- 7+ years’ experience in relevant HR roles.
- Benefits experience is a required for the role
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy and credibility of data.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and leverage those insights into critical decisions.
- Self-motivated, action-oriented, have the ability to work independently, making sound decisions under conditions of uncertainty.
- Work collaboratively across the organization, establishing credibility and trust, gaining alignment, and seeking input.
- Proficiency with applicant tracking systems, HRIS systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in Excel
- Ability to work in a regulated environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a start-up or other fast-paced environment.