IT Project Manager / Pharma Consultant
|IT Project Manager / Pharma Consultant|
Type of role: Contract: 12-24+ months
Location: San Francisco Bay area, CA (local Bay area candidates strongly preferred)
This is a 100% onsite position
• Operates as Project Manager working closely with the Program Business Lead, IT Lead, and Work Stream Leads to facilitate on-time delivery of the program phases within the agreed budgets.
• Follows the corporate project management processes to ensure that required project deliverables are provided (project plan, project schedule, specifications, etc.) and that they are “GxP compliant”.
• Prepares weekly status reports that include project progress, issues, risks, milestones, decisions, and status.
• Manages issues, risks and escalations as needed.
• Organizes and chair weekly meetings as necessary to facilitate the execution of project.
• Prepares and presents project related presentation materials to program stakeholders.
Duties and Job Functions:
• Develops and actively manages project plans. Manages resources, project schedule and budget to meet deliverables.
• Actively manages the execution of the project, including assigning tasks to project staff, managing project scope and project finances, and ensuring the quality of deliverables.
• Integrates the work of large teams and multiple vendors to deliver project success.
• Oversees all phases of the project, coordinating with business sponsors, vendors, and other relevant areas of IT throughout.
• Ensures all deliverables and commitments are met and the project is in compliance with relevant standards and methodologies.
• Proactively leads and executes project risk management and mitigation.
• Orchestrates activities across all internal and external constituents and works comfortably with IT leadership to escalate and manage delivery challenges.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• Possesses seasoned expertise in project management methodologies, tools and techniques.
• Possesses in-depth understanding of the SDLC and how to apply it to relevant projects.
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of IT functions and services.
• Is flexible, calm under pressure, highly communicative, and comfortable taking ownership in ambiguous situations.
• Has track record of leading GXP system implementations projects
Education & Experience:
• Typical candidates will possess 8+ years of relevant experience and BS in Computer Science or related field.
• PMP certification preferred, but prior success on the job is most critical.
• Prior experience with managing technology projects in Pharma/Life Science and qualified/validated systems.