|IT Project Managers|
Location: Peoria, Illinois
Type of role: Contract
Duration: Long-term (18+ months)
Currently seeking an IT Project Manager for contract opportunity (18+ months) in the Peoria, Illinois area. The ideal candidate will possess 10+ years in IT, 5+ years as a project manager and will have insurance industry experience.
Responsibilities of the IT Project Managers
Requirements of the IT Project Managers
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- 10+ years in IT and 5+ years as a project manager
- Insurance industry experience is required (preferably in life insurance)
- Will be overseeing and managing insurance development projects
- Prefer candidates with a blended skill set of Business Analysis and Project Management; will be working with business unit leaders.
- Must have Agile methodology experience
- PMP preferred but not mandatory
- Microsoft based .Net and web services systems experience is strongly preferred.
- Will use MS Project, Visio, SharePoint and other MS Office tools.
- Any experience with ERP implementations would be a plus.
- Local candidates preferred