IT Service Desk Manager (FTE)
Title: IT Service Desk Manager
Location: Redwood City, CA (onsite)
Type: Full-time Permanent (competitive salary + bonus and equity)
*Ideal candidate will have previous service desk management experience in the Life Sciences, Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry.
The IT Service Desk Manager’s role is to oversee all Service Desk staff and ensure that end users (approx. 400+) are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of Service Desk functions. The Service Desk Manager is also responsible for planning, designing, and analyzing the organization’s service desk according to best practices, like the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), while ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability. This individual will develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions. The Service Desk Manager is also responsible for staffing capacity planning, service process design, performance analysis, and developing proactive resolution plans. The Service Desk Manager will also contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
- Responsible for management, prioritization and dispatch of incoming calls to the Service Desk via telephone, e-mail, chat to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues. Ensure compliance with Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Use best practices in the delivery of technical support such as: Average Speed to Answer, First Call Resolution, CSAT, and support metrics tracking and reporting.
- Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
- Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement, in terms of efficiency of support processes, customer satisfaction and the application of tools for monitoring.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and communication of help sheets, usage guides and FAQs for end users. Send User Communications when there are planned and unplanned outages.
- Attend training seminars, conferences, and trade shows to broaden knowledge of current and future Service Desk issues and technologies.
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of service desk staff training procedures and policies. Develop and maintain knowledge base articles (KBA).
- Motivate support team through performance coaching and training objectives Contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
- Monitor incident trends and anticipate potential problems for proactive resolution.
- Manage Operational budget and related purchasing tasks.
- Ensure appropriate training initiatives for new and existing staff.
- 7 years of experience and 3 years of Management experience
- Extensive application support experience with various modules of ServiceNow & Office 365
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including PCs and Macs.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities and remote tools.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including latest Windows and Mac OS.
- Familiarity with the advanced principles of ITIL. ITIL certification preferred
- Proven track record of developing and providing SLAs and Service Desk deliverables.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team.
- Experience leading a Service desk team is mandatory.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online