Principle Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps) -FTE
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Highly competitive salaries; Client company will sponsor visas
Our Client is a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety. Bringing together decades of experience in cybersecurity, their solutions are powered by one of the world’s largest civilian cyber intelligence networks allowing us to help protect against advanced online threats.
The ideal candidate will join the team and collaborate with other organizations, such as Engineering, to implement the best DevOps/DevSecOps designs and practices. You will also work with our applications to build, maintain and support a highly available application infrastructure stack running in Azure and AWS. The team strives to continuously improve our environment by ensuring the highest levels of security and reliability while automating as many processes as possible. This role will also lead, or mentor junior team members.
- Lead the effort to ensure high availability, security, and performance of production and development environments for our customer-facing applications that utilize a broad range of Cloud technologies in both AWS and Azure, and applications developed in NodeJS, Spring, Java/Tomcat, etc.
- Write code to automate configuration management tasks and provisioning of AWS and Azure services in development, staging, and production environments
- Develop and maintain build and deployment pipelines that automate for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment using tools such as Bitbucket, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Optimize performance and restore applications to full health as required
- Work with software development teams to shape the architecture, design, and implementations of new and existing systems to enhance their reliability, performance, efficiency, and scalability
- Ensure all key service metrics are measured, monitored, and raising alerts when needed.
- Start and lead technical troubleshooting sessions, interacting with development and engineering teams, vendors, etc.
- Drive efficiencies in systems and processes: cost optimization, capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring, and root cause analysis.
- Promote a DevOps culture by actively building relationships with other technical and business teams.
- Participate in rotating 24x7 on-call support schedule for production systems.
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Passion for DevOps - enthusiasm for new technologies and their potential to make an impact
- Five (5) or more years of increasing responsibility in technical roles, with 3 or more years of experience as a DevOps engineer in an agile environment
- 5+ years’ experience with Linux installation and patch administration
- 2+ years of experience with Configuration Management software and techniques such as Jenkins, Groovy, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, CloudFormation, or Terraform
- 2+ years’ experience building, testing, deploying and operating highly scalable and resilient cloud-based infrastructure hosting solutions in a medium or large enterprise
- 2+ years’ experience in designing, building, securing, and scaling AWS or Azure infrastructure and resources
- Experience with source code management systems such as GitHub or Bitbucket, including branching and release strategies
- Experience working high availability environments (7x24) and highly scalable sites/applications
- Experience mentoring and coaching DevOps Engineers
- Experience working with Application Performance Management tools (Dynatrace/AppDynamics)
- Experience creating meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses using log analytics tools like Nagios, SumoLogic, Splunk or ELK
- Experience with Container development and orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Working knowledge of PCI or experience working in a regulated industry
- Solid expertise in one or more cloud-native relational and NoSQL databases